This is the only picture I have from the lake with the McCunes. Just wanted to document it. Steve spent the month in Cedar City with Brian doing a rotation. Steve even lived with them for the month-----THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! I took the kids up a few days each week and we all stayed with them. They went above and beyond the call of duty for friends. We had such a blast. From Cedar, I took the kids to Jacob Lake for a few days, spent some time in St. George, went back and forth to Vegas on the weekends---Steve was home with us on the weekends too.
The McCunes are a life ahead of us. They were just finishing their residency in Pediatrics here in Vegas as we were starting Medical School. Thanks so much for a fun filled Crazy month!!!!
These are fireworks that we took the kids to from opening ceremonies of the Utah Summer Games.
Kate, Madison, and Izzy
Such great friends!!! It is such a cute TRIO!!!!
The finished Product-----Building a fort-----Grandma and Grandpa were so nice to humor the kids and build a fort while at Jacob Lake. We went over for the weekend from Cedar. Steve was able to come for a day of so of it. But it was fun to get all of that yummy cookie dough. I can say that this trip officially ended the weight loss process for the summer(I have finally started up again).
Yes, Luke has to go potty. But here they are infront of "Brighty" at the Grand Canyon Lodge.
Jacob took a picture of himself.
Notice the lack of guard rails on this particular trail. But luckily Luke didn't make any crazy movements that made me too crazy. THank goodness the Dayhuffs were there to help. It was so fun to be with them. THey were dropping their son off to work at Jacob Lake(who by the way is a favorite employee and is doing a great job over there) and we went over to see them. Our great friends from Texas. ---It is hard to believe we have been gone for 4 years now. Our 2 oldest kids were born there. Our family has doubled from the time we left--wow!!!
Claire is under the Thomas blanket that Ruth is holding----LIFESAVER---I could pay attention to Luke and Dave entertained my boys too during the "hike" along the Bright Angel Point look out. THanks so much to the Dayhuffs. We sure miss them.
This was Claire on June 1st. I love that Bumbo!! She does eventually begin to tolerate it.
Yes, they are all in their jammies, but having a blast in the back yard. Don't you love the cowboy boots on Jacob???? Steve was gone in June up in Cedar City, ----so, man, I guess I just let the kids do whatever. Don't you love our grass in the backyard???? We are so proud of it. We seeded it---and it grew!!!!
4 comments:
Cute, cute family! I can't believe it's been 4 years already!
It was fun to get an update on what you've been up to! Ruth said she saw you while they were dropping James off. I'm glad you clarified that it was your son under that towel or I might have thought the water from the Parkway ward had done a number on Ruth and she was now expecting. Phew! :) Can't believe it's been four years since you guys left. There are two of your kids we don't even know. I am sad we missed each other in Utah. We were only there a week and had to cram so much in. Next time we will just have to come longer and meet up with everyone. What a cute family you have!
We miss you guys and are so glad we could spend so much time with you this summer!! Love you all!
I love the pictures! Especially since we haven't seen you guys in so long (and Claire at all!).
Post a Comment