Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oquirrh Mountian Temple

This was my only wish and want when I was up in SLC. I wanted to take my kids to the temple open house. I went to the Jordan River Open House in 1981. I was Jacob's age and I still remember it. There was a lot of blue. Or maybe I just remember that I was in a blue dress. Anyways, it was so neat to take the kids. I am so glad my mom came. I am not quite sure I could have done it alone, given the crowds. It was so beautifull inside and out. I am pretty sure Luke thought the cookies were the best part. They gave out cookies and water at the end. Luke talked about the cookies for a few days after. It was neat to walk outside of this temple and be able to see the Jordan River Temple where I was able to go through that one as a young child. Can there be any more in the valley???????


The "Storage Movers" were at the house and I was leaving the next day. I am sure the stress my mom was under was tremendous, but she made it possible so I could take the kids. Did I mention Claire had Pneomonia while we were up there. I kept having to go back to KIDS CARE because of coughing attacks and her not being able to breathe becasue of them(post nasal drip). This comment may be out of context, but I am too lazy to go into long details, but I need to document it.

No comments: