The name of the hike was Mouse's Tank. This was the end of the hike---behind us is the "tank of water". Water collects there during rain storms.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Valley of Fire
We went to Valley of Fire this past weekend. It is a State Park about 45 minutes north of here. It was beautiful weather(actually maybe a little too warm). But we had a great time getting out. Claire is now a month old and officially "born." It was her first hike!!!
Kate's the only one that wanted to get out of the car at this stop. What a beauty!!!!!
So this was fun to watch Luke go up these(and down.) I was a mess and yelling at Steve to hold him. Steve kept a close hand on him, and it about did me in.
More poses from the kids.

More from Beehive Rocks. I am not sure where Luke was. I am glad he wasn't up there. Oh yeah, he was in the car asleep while I was nursing Claire.
I think this is at the "beehive" rocks.
Pooped at the end of the hike. ---We all had to get lots of sand out of our shoes.
Jacob is always a little dramatic when he gets tired.

The name of the hike was Mouse's Tank. This was the end of the hike---behind us is the "tank of water". Water collects there during rain storms.
I love this picture of the boys. In reality it is Luke pulling Jacob along.
Luke was climbing and keeping up with the the other 2. He had to do everything himself. It was making me a little nervous.
They loved exploring the little caves, so Claire and I went up to see what they were up to. Notice the Baby Bjorn. I found it on Craigslist----practically brand new. It is the "Air Bjorn". Which is supposed to be more breathable. I love it for the Vegas heat. It is much lighter in weight and I didn't have a a big sweat spot when I took it off after the 2 mile hike in 80 degree weather.
The name of the hike was Mouse's Tank. This was the end of the hike---behind us is the "tank of water". Water collects there during rain storms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so impressed that you were out hiking when Claire is just a month old--and glad for you that you found a new Baby Bjorn (that looks like it might even work better). Great photos!
wow! that looks fun!! tell steve we said hi! jeff was just talking about what a nice guy he is the other night!
Great shots. Remember my email from several weeks ago about us coming to s. utah? We are going to do it, but it will just be Plantboy and I (10th anniversary trip), and we aren't going any farther south than Zion because we only have three days. Kids at the Grand Canyon will have to wait until another year. I pulled out our scrapbook the other night and there are a couple of adorable pictures of Kate and Ammon at the Grand Canyon from nearly 4 years ago. Ammon said, "Who is that?" I nearly cried.
Yeah! Love the pics and your hair looks soooooo good!!. YOU look amazing Melis....really! Claire is huge! Makes me sad to think she's growing so fast. We need to get together soon.....love you guys!
You were so right!...those stairs look tretcherous! So beautiful... call next time, we'll tag along!
xoxonikandfam
I LOVE your hair too! It looks way cute! I love your new bjorn too! So glad that you are enjoying some things while steve is home to help ya!
I had a friend that was recently in Vegas and Valley of Fire, and I loved the looks of this place. Maybe something to look forward to next time we visit?
Hello People, I was on a holiday for a month just passing by read this interesting post its great to see that every thing here is getting more lively...thanks a lot for these keep them coming....
___________________
Melvin
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions
Post a Comment