Sunday, November 9, 2008

Half Moon Bay and The Pumpkin Patch

The last week of October was a very somber, special, spiritually uplifting, and sad week for us. We were able to go to Northern California to be with Spencer and Cheri as we all mourned the loss of their daughter Macie. Even though none of us were able to meet her, we felt of her spirit and were able to grow closer to our Heavenly Father becasue of this experience. Halloween will always be remembered because the kids were able to go trick or treating with almost all of their cousins. 3 were missing.
Once again, I am not that great at blogging, and my pictures are broken up and not in any kind of order. Our camera went dead half way through the trip, so I don't have any from Muir Woods(which was amazing---that is where EWOK village is and the Speeder bike scene from Return of the Jedi is filmed.) Or our time at Fisherman's Wharf and Giradelli Square. It was pouring rain those 2 days, but we had a great time as a family. Steve might have gotten some on his phone, but we will see if I can post them. I was so grateful Steve was able to come with me as it was a very emotional trip. We did have a great time as a family and were very uplifted spiritually and reminded of how lucky we are to have the gospel and be apart of eternal families.
Ben and Luke playing in the sand at Half Moon Bay
Kate rolling up her pants and trying not to get wet. Yeah--that didn't work at all.




Jacob and Zack climbing the hill---are they boys or what????

Time got way from me this year and we werent' going to make it to a pumpkin patch, but on our way to the Tide Pools at Half Moon Bay, there were a bunch of them. I was so happy because the only ones near us in Vegas are on Pavement in a shopping center parking lot with those carnival rides that your kids won't stop crying unless you let them go on one. Not to mention, it costs an arm and a leg. So this was such a treat.




Luke thought it was so funny to sit on the pumpkins. We thought he was too especially when the stem would stab him in the rear end.




Kate and her cousin Emily.




Kate, Jacob, and Luke----this was next to impossible to get them all together seeing as though they were running around with all of their cousins.






Jacob is looking at the Harbor Seals through Binoculars that were about 50 yards away. These are the Tide Pools, but due to "lack of planning", it was high tide. We still had a great time. I say lack of planning because it was a very spur of the moment trip.







Kristina and Alissa----they were such good sports. We sure missed Tyson.















Some of the cousins after a long trafficky (sp) drive down to Half Moon Bay in Northern California. It was freezing cold, but it was fun to be together.











2 comments:

Janene said...

You got some great pictures! Now I feel less pressure to take the time to post about any of this. :o)

David said...

I am sorry to hear about the lose of a niece. I hope everyone is healing.