Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of school!!!

Kate is so excited and not showing any nerves even as we walked into the school...

Jacob was equally excited, but as I walked him down to his room, he said, "Mom, did you ever get scared when you started school?"  Ok, that broke my heart...I was swallowing hard not to start sobbing...I only lasted till he walked in his room and I left walking back down the hall...
I am so glad they have each other...

Luke is so excited to be able to be with them to drop them off...it was a long day for him though...no friends to play with.. He did entertain Claire for a little while though.

Luke couldn't wait to see Jacob at the end of the day...

The three of them back together again...no harm done on the first day of school..This will be one  of the last days that I will pick them up and take them..as you can see all fo the busses in the back ground...everyone takes buses....
Kate, Jacob, and Luke have become best friends all summer since we are new here. For the first time, I was TRULY SAD to have to start school...usually I have mixed feelings...We have spent soooooo much time together this summer and they have been my biggest helpers...
Clarire and Daniel aren't pictured as you can see...Claire won't sit still long enough and Daniel is in the Bjorn...I also spent the day in the Dr. office for Luke and Claire because they both of ear infections....Lovely first day of school---OH yeah--and I have Pink Eye...I will have to wait till tomorrow to go to the dr. 
Who gets Pink Eye at 34?   

6 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Good old Bjorn--it has been through a lot.

allyson said...

Glad to see they survived the first day and that you did too. They look so grown up.

Bummer with the ear infections and pink eye. I think it's common to get pink eye when you're 34...

Heidi said...

I loved this... cute Jacob. They are both so grown up and so sweet to each other. Keep up the good work and feel better soon, supermom!

Rylee said...

such big kids! i'm not looking forward to when my kids start school. i'm glad i've got a few more years, i'm going to be a basket case!

Colette said...

I love back to school days... love that last snapshot before they walk in and love coming home to peaceful quiet. I'm definitely one of THOSE moms that is a BETTER mom when they are gone for a few hours! :)

No fun that you had to share that day with ear infections and pink eye, though!

calmrapids said...

Your kids are getting so big! And beautiful--no, they've always been beautiful.

Good luck with the pink eye. Youch!