Why is it that all of my kids pick the most inopportune time to want to be potty trained??? About 2 weeks after Jacob came home from the hospital, Kate took off her diaper and said she is only going to wear underwear. Well, I tried to put it off, but she insisted. So we went to the store and bought underwear and potty treats. She did great, and was a pretty easy process, but it wasn't the greatest of timing just having a new baby and nursing and trying to put her on the toilet at the same time.
Then JACOB, we had just moved to Henderson and were in a house that was just too small for our growing family and rent was tooo high, so we moved into a different house about 6 weeks after we moved here. Well, that moving weekend, Jacob decided the same thing. He was done with diapers. He saw underwear at the store and wouldn't let me not buy them. Then when we got back to the "new house" full of boxes, he took off his diaper and put on the underwear. Needless to say there were only a few accidents(like Kate) and it was much less painless than I had anticipated. However, unpacking and moving is supposed to make your kids regress right??? Well, I guess they thrive in stressful situations.
Now LUKE, Claire has been home from the hospital for 5 days and decided to be potty trained. Now you are wondering why do your kids have so much control. I should just be telling him NO!!! Well, he has been going potty on the toliet for about a few weeks just before bath, but then the last few days, he has had a dry diaper all day because he says, MOM(or Dad), I need to go to the bathroom. Well, then he decided yesterday that diapers were not an option. He wouldn't even put one on for bed. I didn't even have to wash the sheets this morning. POOPING is the problem. Do I really want to do this again??? Why not wait 6 months when I am a little more emotionally stable? Well, this could be his way of getting attention. Atleast we can turn it into positive attention. He has been eating lots of candy for everytime he goes. So, anyways, why am I complaining when it will be less diapers to purchase??? I am proud of Luke and will enjoy this time. I am hoping for a painless transition into underwear again and am so glad Kristina will be here. I will just put her in charge of that task this week. HEE HEE--just kidding Kristina. It will be good practice for when Alissa is ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment