Claire Rich
I am grateful that Steve made the last post to announce our baby, but obviously, he doesn't realize that people really only want to see pictures and know her name, and most don't even read the entries. I keep telling him that he needs to keep up with the posts bacause he is the better writer than I am. Oh well.
So, back to little Claire. She arrived at 2:20am on Feb. 14, 2009. Much earlier than expected or planned. I have delivered the older 3 early, but not this early. As my parents walked in the door at 9:45pm, we walked out the door to go to the hospital. Well, after a quick blessing by my dad and Steve. I am so grateful. I had never been nervous to deliver a baby, but with her this early and the medication I had been on during this pregnancy, made me pretty anxious. I was more at ease on the way to the hospital after the blessing. Anyways, after "determining I was in labor", (being dialated to an 8), I thought Oh great, I am too late for the epidural. I can't do this. I am a firm believer in that lovely form of modern medicine, but much to my happiness, they had that thing in me within 20 minutes or so, and I was much happier and ready to wait for the dr. Since it was only 10:30pm on Friday the 13th, I was hoping labor would slow down so she wouldn't be born that night, but then the mixed feelings of another "holiday" birthday. Anyways, to make a
So, back to little Claire. She arrived at 2:20am on Feb. 14, 2009. Much earlier than expected or planned. I have delivered the older 3 early, but not this early. As my parents walked in the door at 9:45pm, we walked out the door to go to the hospital. Well, after a quick blessing by my dad and Steve. I am so grateful. I had never been nervous to deliver a baby, but with her this early and the medication I had been on during this pregnancy, made me pretty anxious. I was more at ease on the way to the hospital after the blessing. Anyways, after "determining I was in labor", (being dialated to an 8), I thought Oh great, I am too late for the epidural. I can't do this. I am a firm believer in that lovely form of modern medicine, but much to my happiness, they had that thing in me within 20 minutes or so, and I was much happier and ready to wait for the dr. Since it was only 10:30pm on Friday the 13th, I was hoping labor would slow down so she wouldn't be born that night, but then the mixed feelings of another "holiday" birthday. Anyways, to make a
long story short, the dr. finally got there at 2:15am and Claire was born at 2:20am. She arrived weighing 6lbs. 2 oz. which is normal for the Rich kids and 18 in. long. She has the same amt. and same color of hair that Luke had, but people that are commenting on what she looks like are saying she has a lot of Jacob in her. who knows????
So, here are many pictures from her first 2 days here. I am hoping to go home soon. It is amazing that I am sitting here posting a blog from my hospital bed. No, I am not on my laptop, the flat screen TV here in the room serves as a computer as well. I just haven't figured out how to get pictures off my camera and phone onto this computer, so I will have to wait to "post" till I get home. You don't want to read this whole thing with out the benefit of pictures.
So welcome Claire into our little family. We are so happy to have you. Jacob and Luke can't kiss you and hold you enough and your big sister Kate is being so mature and making sure all of your needs are met and holding you when the boys are done(since they only hold you in 30 second increments. We are so grateful you arrived safely.
So, here are many pictures from her first 2 days here. I am hoping to go home soon. It is amazing that I am sitting here posting a blog from my hospital bed. No, I am not on my laptop, the flat screen TV here in the room serves as a computer as well. I just haven't figured out how to get pictures off my camera and phone onto this computer, so I will have to wait to "post" till I get home. You don't want to read this whole thing with out the benefit of pictures.
So welcome Claire into our little family. We are so happy to have you. Jacob and Luke can't kiss you and hold you enough and your big sister Kate is being so mature and making sure all of your needs are met and holding you when the boys are done(since they only hold you in 30 second increments. We are so grateful you arrived safely.
2 comments:
She is beautiful! I am so excited to see her! Such fun pictures!
I see a bit of Jacob in her too. This makes me feel so excited..and for some reason really nervous too!
Post a Comment