So I have wanted to do this post for a few weeks now, but now I am getting time to document our first year in Ohio. WE HAVE SURVIVED. And I will say that with flying colors. I just want to remember what happened during this first year and all of the things that were going on with our family.
End of May...arrived in Ohio, moved into our house(that we love by the way).
June--put the Kate and Jacob in swim team, went boating frequently with Robb and Robin,they went to Vacation Bible school, enjoyed having Steve at home for the first 2 weeks then started orientatio, my mom came near the end.
July--My dad came, Steve started residency(q-4), Daniel still not here, my parents left on July 5th. July 8th, Daniel came. I drove myself to the hospital at 5 in the morning(Steve was on call, and he met me there about 6)...my brother came over.... the rest of the month is a blurr....Need I say more ....q-4.
August---Steve was on a Pulmonology rotation, so he didnt have call...that was a bonus...still just on survival mode...went boating a few times...can't remember much...oh yeah...the kids started school, we signed up for soccer and dance and piano. Being busy is good for me...it keeps me scheduled and going.
September and October--Steve was Q-4 both of these months. I was so grateful my mom came in September for 10 days and then Steve's parents came in October for 10 days. I needed it. The kids continued on Swim team, Soccer and dance and piano.
November----Steve was at the AF base, so he was only on call 5 times that month. He had Thanksgiving off and that was fun. The Wirthlins and Gerritesens came over for that...
December---Q-4, but Steve did get 5 days off at Christmas. Luke turned 4....
January--Steve was at the AF Base again, and he had a week off....Steve's mom and dad came and we went to Kirtland and the PRo-football hall of fame(the boys). Kate got her ears pierced for her 9th birthday.
Februrary ---long month again---Q-4 and sometime during the winter the kids were out of school for 6 days due to snow.....not much snow, but something about rural roads and the busses getting to those areas.
March--_ER and community Medicine...pretty good hours the last half of the month.
April--HeMonc----q4 again...long,
May--Q-4 again, busy month due to soccer dance recitals, piano recitals...oh yeah and at the end...STEVE'S CAR DIED!!! WE ARE A ONE CAR FAMILY. We get to spend an extra hour together as a family in the car. We take Steve to work and pick him up.
June--Still taking steve to work, but now he is at the AF Base clinic. Not as much call and he has a week off. The kids are getting out of school this week, will have Vacation Bible school again, and just play with all of the new friends we have made. Steve will be consided a Senior Resident at the end of the month and we will have just 2 years left of residency. The car situation still not worked out, but 2 cars is a luxury right? We have been so blessed and am so grateful for our situation.
So this was a month or so ago...I tried for a few sundays in a row to get picures and getting 5 kids to smile at the same time is next to impossible....
6 comments:
One picture is better than nothing!!!! Oh they are cute!! And, growing up so fast!! Can't wait to see them face to face this summer :) Year 1 is done....it's downhill from here!!! Miss you!
It's nice to be on the other side of a year - fun update. Your kids are darling and growing up so fast - I think Luke has grown the most! :)
oh man, ONE CAR!! that is insane. i hope steve is working somewhat normal hours, or else that would be even more insane!! we had one car for a long time (but only two kids, not five) and it required so much planning!
hooray for the first residency year done!
Enjoyed reading the year in review and seeing the cute picture of the kids. Smiles are over-rated anyway. I like candid pictures. What do you look like these days? I think it's been awhile since you posted a picture with you in it.
Eric will be selling his car soon if Steve is interested? It's only a couple thousand miles away. Ha ha.
Enjoy all that family time together in the car!
I love you Melissa! and boy to I miss playing with you! What a busy busy year for you, for the both of us! If only we were neighbors and lived in the same state that is : ). Im wanted to do a 1 year post too. We'll see if I get to it!
Darling picture! Way to go on having 1 year done! 2 to go!!! As cliche as it sounds, you know it will FLY! Those 5 little kiddos are precious.
xoxo
Post a Comment