Monday, November 1, 2010

Beggars Night

Halloween here is so fun...Most people stay in their own neighborhoods, and the city designates which night to go.  Here is was on Sat. night from 6pm till 8pm.  They call it Beggars' Night.  Not a moment before and not a moment after.  There are not a lot of young kids in our neighborhood, so everyone was so excited that this year there were 28 trick or treaters instead of 23! haa haa.. Most people gave out the King size candy bars or the theatre boxes of candy.  Holy Cow, it was crazy!  I gave kids handfuls of candy when I realized that I didn't want any leftover.  So here are the pictures.

So by the time trick or treating came, I didn't get Daniel in his costume in time for pictures.  Maybe next year buddy!

 He was festive earlier in the day though!
Every year since Kate was born, I have gone to a pumpkin patch to get pictures in the pumpkins.  Phew!  I barely made it this year.  Steve happened to get off work one day at 4...so we went for FHE.  We had a blast.  I am shocked their heads made it in the holes to take a picture! 

No, Claire doesn't have her finger up her nose...it just looks like it. 

Jacob was so meticulous about finding JUST the right pumpkin.  He is so handsome and is such a great helper with Claire and Daniel.


Luke is always MR. Cool!!!

My 2 girls being crazy in the hay!!!
 Claire always has to be right near Daniel if he is down in her territory!  Now she is nice though...it is all about kisses and being soft. 
 Daniel is officially laughing!  I love this laughing smile.  He is so much fun, but too bad he doesn't get much time on the floor as we are always on the run.  He probably would be rolling over by now, if I ever let him practice. 
 

Here is the "Beggars Night" Group.  It was so fun to have cousins and a friend come.  Thanks cousins!!!

7 comments:

Laci said...

What a fun surprise!! You never mentioned blogging today when we chatted...haha :) The kids look so cute and that Daniel makes me SO sad you're not closer so he and Beckham could play :( Thanks for the fun pics....always a treat!

allyson said...

Halloween always makes for fun pictures. Loved all the costumes. I still have to count when I see 5 kids in your pictures - especially the one where Kate is holding Daniel and Jacob holding Clair. They're all adorable!

Natalie N said...

What a fun update, Melissa! I loved seeing the pictures of your beautiful family. Darling kiddos!! xoxo

Cheri said...

What a fun cousin picture! And I'm impressed about you making it to the pumpkin patch. I've never been to one but apparently I'm the only one.

Love the costumes!!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Are you kidding me?!!!! I am smiling so big right now! Your family is dang cute! I miss you and all your kids! I love the picture of all your kids in front of that pumpkin twirl tree!!! That is a classic!!! Frame that one for Halloween!

Elder Salter said...

What an adorable bunch! We miss the fun playdates and visits to the park. Sam mentions Ohio about once a week -Lukes there, how come. Sam was telling me today that Luke has the bumble Bee car that he shares with him. Take care!

Kim said...

So I'm way behind in catching up on blogs....You made me all teary eyed! I think you're amazing and your family is so darling. I could just picture you in the "mothers lounge" getting emotional listening to the primary children. I miss our days together. Keep being awesome and I'll try to be better about checking in. I'm still in shock that you're already on to the next chapter. Too bad it doesn't look like we're coming to Dayton...