Today, Steve blessed Daniel in Sacrament Meeting. He did such a great job and I am so grateful for him and what a great dad he is. I think this is the first Sunday he has been to church with us in 4 or 5 Sundays...just due to his schedule. I guess it is a good thing our Bishop is one of his program directors, or they might think he is inactive. Yes, I am sure some think I am a single mom, but being in this ward makes me so grateful for our situation. Steve is gone alot, but atleast he is only 7 miles away at the hospital. There are a handful of husbands that are deployed in our ward. What do I have to complain about?
Daniel was in fine form during his blessing...Screamed all the way through it. Then when Steve brought him back to me, I took him right out the door. When I brought him back in, the Bishop said(from the pulpit) , well, we are grateful to see that Daniel has calmed down,--with a circle up here full of dads including 2 pediatricians, we couldn't calm him, but I guess, his mom could."
Not only was it Daniel's Blessing day, it was a great day for me to reflect on all of our blessings as a family. Moving to Ohio has been an adventure. Steve loves his residency program(for which I am sooo grateful), but the adjustment has been such a great learning and growing experience. After Sacrament meeting, I was feeding Daniel in the "mother's lounge". The pulpit is piped in there and the primary was practicing for their program. Wow, did I get sooo choked up. This was the first time in 4 years that I was not apart of helping to prepare for that. As the kids sang the theme song for the year, it took me back to our Shadow Canyon Ward. We were no longer apart of that ward. Our new ward and home is here in Ohio. We now have blessed our 5th baby and we are HERE. No that is not a bad thing....it means that we are progressing through this journey of life. We are done with medical school and onto Residency. We have been blessed with a great home, great residency program, great ward, great neighbors, great friends, and our family has grown so much(yes in people) but really learned so much about ourselves.. Maybe I should just speak for myself. I have grown and learned so much from this move and am grateful for the challenges that have come with moving. I love my kids so much and am grateful for their innocence and sweet spirits that help me realize what I REALLY need to focus on----THEM---
So on this Blessing Day, I realize how blessed we are to be in Ohio in such beautiful surroundings, with such great times ahead of us. Thanks Daniel for coming into our family at this time of learning and growing. I don't know what I would do with out him. I love him more and more each day and love how our family is better because of him.
After church we had a great dinner with Steve's Parents(they have been here this past week, and it has been so much fun). my brother's family, and our neighbors from across the street. I made the cake you see in the background--had to copy Collette and Allyson... thanks ladies!!!!( Steve and Kate actually decorated it. I would have managed to mess it up).
11 comments:
What a great post! I love your cake and how you added your own flare to it apart from others. That is really funny what your Bishop said after the blessing. That is wonderful that you had family come up for the blessing. That is a blessing all on it's own. I am glad you guys are settling down in your new place you call home. I will have to call soon!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Although I am sure many others were begging for pictures.....I am so happy to see them and read about your day. So much of that was like reading my own mind......the feelings I've had with our 5th coming into our family. How I wish we were closer and could conquer all of this together!! I guess it's just a blessing that we're both on Verizon! :) Love you guys and those beautiful kids are sooooo missed by my girls! You ALL are! Loveya!!
thanks for the text on sunday. our primary definitely misses you and would be better off if they were still in your hands that's for sure. i hope things continue to go well for you guys. we miss you!
Glad for the update... lots going on in your life! I'm also glad we've stayed connected - it means alot to me that we've still been able to chat regularly. I wish we were closer, but know we are both where we should be. I love how you are a positive thinker and can weed out the hard stuff to focus on the good. Keep your head up, better times are ahead for both of us!! :) Love you, girl!!
I was so glad to find out how you guys are doing... Daniel is darling and your family is just beautiful!
Ahh, what a beautiful post. Love the first shot of Kate holding Daniel and the one with all the kids. They are adorable!
Glad you could be real and grateful all at the same time. Missing you.
Aw, Melissa! You are inspiring, especially what you are going through! But, yes, you do have lots to be thankful for! Daniel is such a handsome boy. I love the picture of Steve kissing him on the cheek! His furrow looks like his daddy and brother Jacob! I can't wait to see all your FIVE kids together! Kate and Jacob are getting too big!
Love the cake! (I saw it on a website...so cute!) And I love Daniel's face - what a sweetie!
I miss you, Meliss! Now I can't just drive 6 hours to see ya. You have such a beautiful family and I loved reading about your feelings on this special day. I look up to you more than you know.
And yes, I will probably feel totally out of my comfort zone (and major heartaches!) when they take me out of primary. Maybe they won't. :o)
Lovely post.
That cake is the (sugar) bomb!
It sounds like your family is doing really well! I'm so glad you had a stop here in Houston for part of your journey through life. We miss you!
Post a Comment