YOu may not want to bore yourselves with this reading this entry. But just by showing you the pictures, I do want to let everyone know that checks in on us, that all is well.
No, I am not promoting the blog, even though it is halarious as long as you don't get offended by her making fun of mormon culture and sometimes a bit crude--no not rated R, just I don't read it aloud to Kate. After a long summer and one that still continues here in Vegas(temperature Wise), I finally got a chance to read this blog and have just been able to laugh. But it also made me realize how blessed our family has been. I have always viewed myself as "glass half full", but after evaluating the summer and how I talk and think about it, I realized I have been the opposite. SO I am turning over a new leaf. I am going to be back to Glass half full. We may have had a few mishaps this summer, but the blessings and people that have helped has been so overwelming. I think just thinking about that, how can I be glass half empty? I just wanted to list a few so that I can remember the positives of the summer.
1. AFter my purse was stolen, we had an anonomous$100 bill left on our door step.
2. after my purse was stolen, another friend dropped by money that she "found" as she was gettting money for herself at the ATM. I believe her becasue her 9 year old son vouched for her.
3. Friends had my kids till 9:00 at night the first night of Luke's ordeal/
4. Friends had my kids for the next 7 days that I didn't organize
5. DId i mention the meals?
6. Laundry was picked up, done, folded, and brought back so the kids could have clean underwear. A smoothie came too, ---it was fabulous to a nauseated stomach and no one knew.
7. My mom spend endless hours in the hospital taking care of me and LUke and then when she got home at night, got kids to bed and then organized my kitchen.
8. Steve studied, did his rotation, came home to a messy house, cooked dinner, cleaned, etc. all while I have layed on the couch. OH, yeah--and took the biggest test of his life.
9. Visiting teacher showing up with Pumpkin Spice bread, only to realize house was in shambles and then brings dinner back a few days later suspecting either pregnancy sickness, or I had just gone over the edge.
10. Steve continuing to try to clean, cook dinner, be patient, and still be gone 12-14 hours a day.
I know have missed things and know that more things have been done anonomously and some I have known, but remember my pregancy brain forgets things as well.
I really am grateful for the outcome of this crazy summer. What more could I ask for? 3 healthy kids, Luke doing amazing. It is like nothing ever happened. Well, except for his gas. It still smells like it did in the hospital. One on the way--I may be giving myself daily shots to keep it a healthy pregancy, and the doc says the bruises on my belly aren't as bad as he has seen. I must be really good at giving the shots. I am so proud of myself. HEE HE HEH EEEE
Anyways, I am SERIOUSLY SO Blessed, and the trials of this summer could have all ended much worse. There is no worse here. All is well in the Rich household and as long as Steve doesn't mind picking up the slack for a few more weeks, than we will for sure make it. THis sickness HAS To End. --atleast is for a good cause. Maybe it has lasted longer because it is a girl. For Kate that would make her whole life. She doesn't really care that I had to wait 6 brothers to get a sister. She says she thinks that only waiting 2 is enough.
10 comments:
You are the second person this week who has told me to go check out "Seriously So Blessed." I may have to do it. Love your blog's new look. Not bad for a non-scrapper. :)
PS You guys all look great. Sorry you are so sick.
What a summer! Glad everything is ok with Luke. And congrats on the pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon. Shots in the belly. Ouch!!! There is always good in everything if you look at the right way! Believe me!! And you have much to be grateful for.
I'm banning your blog now because when I read it I think we don't need to talk everyday!! ;) Your house was never THAT bad, I just know it! haha Love the new posts!!
It is good to hear how you and your family is doing. Congrats on #4! What are the shots for? #4 has been great for us. Read is so mellow and laid back. Good luck to you!
That blog makes me laugh so hard, I think it's hilarious. Way to have a positive attitude, I wish I could do something to help you guys out. Are you feeling better at all?? (I hope that wasn't a depressing question)
Great post... it's always much easier to think about the hard things in life (and you've had plenty the last few months) but we are seriously, so blessed. That is one of my favorite blogs. I've laughed as I see many of my own blogging habits showcased by TAMN :).
Melis! You are amazing and ive never heard you utter a "the glass is half empty" comment! Steve is a catch! You really should take your "where's my JJTW?" sticker off your bumper... Steve-o is way better!
You are blogging again! Yeah!! How's your week been? Do you still think you're over the worst?
I think I know you-in fact we MIGHT be related? He He He, I totally blog stocked you through Leigh! What a catch up! What a crazy ride you had this summer! I'm so glad you have made it through (with your humor I might add)I'm excited for your future addition and was so relieved when Dr. Brian let me know Luke was okay (he gives me regular up-dates on your guys-he is AWESOME!). Check us out at crissandjair.blogspot.com
p.s. I had the same background till last week--great minds & all that!
Post a Comment