Friday, March 19, 2010

MATCH DAY!!!

Yesterday was the day that every Medical Student hears about from the time they start medical school. It is the day you find out where you will go for residency. Now, some may not know the crazy match process, but when it boils down to it, yes you have a choice on where to rank the programs you interviewed, but it is pretty much a crap shoot!!! No, you don't get into 2,3, or 4 places and then get to choose.... you MATCH at ONE place, and that is where you will do your residency. We are so happy to say that Steve matched in a Pediatric Residency at Dayton Children's Hospital.(Dayton, Ohio)





We are so excited to embark on this new adventure of moving 4 kids(just shy of a 5th) across the country, loads of money in debt, yet, an end in sight. He will offically be a dr. and being trained in Pediatrics. I hopefully won't have to go to a pediatrician to get an antibiotic for an ear infection----he actually is already pretty good at diagnosing those...anyways, I am so proud of him and so excited that he got his top choice of programs.

Yes, we are soooo sad to leave Las Vegas and our friends and support group and what I would call family.... and then our family that is only 6 hours away, but life is about change, right??? Thank you so much to all of our friends and church for all of the support..... we have been here 4 years....we left Texas at this same point, just double the kids.....and leaving "home" is hard, but Vegas has been good to us, just like Houston was, and I am sure we will have great experiences in Dayton and meet amazing people like we have in Vegas and Houston.

12 comments:

Cheri said...

SO excited for you!

So...can Steve give US the hook-ups on antibiotics for ear infections too? Ha ha. :)

The Dell Family said...

YAHOOO!!!!! I'm so excited for you. You can come to NY and visit anytime!!!!!! We will miss you guys so much!!!!!

Heidi said...

WOW--Congrats!!! What an exciting time for you guys. I am going to call you soon!

Natalie N said...

This is HUGE news!! Match Day AND another baby. Woo-hoo!! CONGRATS to you guys! Tyler and I are so happy for you. How long is Steve's residency?

Good luck with the move!! We'll be thinking of you! xoxo

Sarah said...

we are soooooooo excited to have you so close!!! Hope to see you sooner than later ;)

Laci said...

It's been SO fun repeating Med School with you.....now we can enjoy residency again :) Can't tell you how happy we are for you!! 3 short years to go and we'll be waiting for you on the other side.......Love you guys tons!!

Genjunky said...

Congratulations! It has been such a long road. Glad to hear you are all well and things are going great. Is she really 8 already?

calmrapids said...

Congratulations! and good luck with the move!

Kim said...

Wow! I am way behind! First of all, congrats on matching! I am so excited for you guys! Ohio will be awesome. Second, congrats on another baby on the way!!! I hope you are feeling well! We will miss you when you move!

Danielle said...

Congratulations!! Can you believe that the guys are done with this part. Awh! Residency...the last part. And another baby, Congrats again. Best of Luck to you all!!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I'm so glad for you guys! I haven't checked in here for a while. Kate looked adorable at her baptism and I can't believe that we have kids old enough to be baptized. We are headed for our five year mark leaving Texas, and I still miss our friends there so much.

I wish I was there to take the kids for a day or help you pack. I moved with a newborn three years ago . . . it was really hard. You'll do awesome. And congrats on #5. I always knew you were a braver woman than I am. :)

SN said...

www.kumamechanics.com