Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW IN VEGAS

So this is how the day started. Just flakes that were only sticking a little and were perfect for catching on your tongue.



THIS IS HOW THE DAY ENDED!!!
This is our first Snowman here in Vegas. Yes, his arms are palm leaves off the trees. The kids were so excited to put a carrot on for his nose.





This is our house----It is a Winter Wonderland here in Vegas. For some reason, snow seems to make all of the stresses go away.



They loved building FROSTY. We were so happy Steve was home. I tried to help, but couldn't bend down to roll it around.






Yes, that is a SNOWMOBILE driving around our neighborhood. We live in Vegas. Not in a small town in Utah. Luke wasn't jiving the snow. It was really the coat, hat, etc. He cried almost the entire time outside.
This is the start of the snowman. It was getting to heavy for just Kate to push.





While I began driving this afternoon, I thought, WHERE ARE THE SNOW PLOWS????? I then thougth, Does Clark County even have snow plows??? Probably not. The snow was sticking and I was actaully making tracks on the road. So here are some pictures. It is so fun we have a SNOWMAN in our front yard. School is cancelled tomorrow. I guess when there are no plows to get rid of the snow on the road----buses can't get to school.
Trying to get back into the swing of things has been harder than I thought. Between the 2 funerals and our move over the past 5 weeks might have put me over the edge. But with the SNOWSTORM today, it seems to have made everything better. I mean it is 10 at night and I haven't gone to bed, and I am not grumpy. The first snow of the season always seems to put me in a good mood. Is it a good thing that this will probably be the ONLY SNOW of the season and probably of our time here in Vegas.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

It is truly amazing that it snowed this much...and in Vegas. I loved it, it felt like home. Matt missed it, he is doing an away rotation this month. It made all my stresses go away. Hope you are well, you sound busy. Send me your email and I will give you an invite to mine. Warning I haven't blogged in a while Matt has been gone 2 months and I have had no time, maybe in the new year. Take Care!! Merry Christmas!!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Adoarable pictures. We had two rare snow days ourselves this week. Houston had snow a week or two ago . . . it must be the end of times or something. :)

Laci said...

I'm so glad you guys got to have fun in the snow right before Christmas. We got slammed yesterday!!!! Just about 20 mins after you called and I said it was clear.....St. George got nailed and you can only imagine what we came home to in Cedar. It's been so fun!!!

Lisa R.D. said...

We saw on the news last night (in UT) how much snow Vegas had gotten, and that they don't have ANY snow removal equipment (and why should they?) so most things were just closing. It looks like your family made the most of it... the snowman looks so fun, and I love the palm tree additions!

Kirkhams said...

It snowed in TX too! CRAZY SHTUFF!!! Looks like the kids had a blast making the snowman...mine just had fun catching the little that was coming down on their tongues! We miss you!

David said...

How fun that y'all got snow for Christmas! The snow has come early for us this year. I am amazed at how much you did get in order to make a full size snowman! Merry Christmas! Hope you are felling well! You moved? Never a dull moment in your life!

Kristina and Tyson said...

HOLY COW! It really did SNOW in Vegas! That looks like so much fun and your house is way cute...I can't wait to see it in person in a week! Love ya!

Slim said...

Hey Meliss! That is crazy that you have snow. We had snow last week - -just flurries for an hour that didn't stick, but snow! I guess I am a little out of the loop on what's going on with the Rich family these days -- can't bend over? What? Am I missing something here? Two funerals - I knew of your Grandpa's, but the other? A move? Drop me an email and catch me up!

Janene said...

I was thinking of you guys! glad you got so much and had such fun in it -- and we laughed at the snowmobile picture. I agree that it takes the stresses away, I just keep thinking of hot chocolate while it's snowing!