Monday, January 7, 2008

Where are the Pictures????

Well, I was so excited to post picutres about
1. Our wonderful Christmas we spent here in Henderson in our own house. Now I know we did that last year, but I also delivered a baby that day and it was our first semester of Medical school, so we weren't really in any kind of oh I don't know it was just different We had a few families over for a big Christmas Eve dinner. I even got out my Cute Christmas China. We ate, had dessert, and then had the kids dress up for the nativity as it was read from Luke. THEn everybody and went home. OUr kids were in Bed by 8:00 I think. Santa came and left just what the kids asked for and more . It is so fun to see your kids so excited. GEE I sure wish I had the pictures to show you.

2. Luke's first birthday---CHristmas NIght. I made a Red Velvet cake, put white frosting on it and then had green frosting polka dots. We put the cake in front of him and he picked off the green dots individually and ate them. ITwas halarious. Gee, I wish you could see the pictures.

3. THen for the NEw Years, we went to Jacob Lake. It was a winter wonderland up there. we Went Sledding, Steve took Luke snow shoeing with him, plyaed the Wii. Our friends, THe McCune's came with us---and we had a blast. Gee, I sure wish you could see the pictures.

SO anyways, I am afraid I I blog why you can't see pictures , none of you will be my friends or look at my blog because you will think I am jsut a ball of Bad luck. ON Sat. NIght, we accidentally left the camera in the car(Steve's car that we dont' park in the garage. Well we go outside to go to church and the window is bashed in and the camera is gone. (I was also supposed to take it to church to take pictues of the primay kids)but oh well. Yes, the window is bashed in and the camera is gone,but they could have atleast left the memory card. YEah right. We don[t have that good of luck. So I thought our crappy luck ended with 2007, but I guess we get to be tested some more in the area of having to spend money on car repairs---min d you money that we don't have due to Student loan money not getting to us yet. But I guess it is only student loan money right. HEE HEE HEEHE HEEEEEEE

Steve did a great job putting cardboard and duct tape to keep the wind out. IT might jsut stay that way for a while.
Well, hopefully next time we will have pictuers for you==or probably not until we get some more student loan money for a camera. HAA HAA HAAHAAAAAAA

14 comments:

Christy said...

What a bummer... many people I know agree that 2007 was a stinker and that 2008 will rock.

Lisa R.D. said...

So sorry about your camera--sometimes, you just need a bad week in the beginning of the year, right? Then the stellar year can begin!

Sounds like your holidays were fun!

Janene said...

that just makes me mad. And very sad. You wrote down a lot about it the fun memories, what else can you do, right?

I probably would have really stomped my feet over that. :o)

David said...

I am so sorry about your camera. That is the worst to lose thoe irreplaceables. Our hard drive crashed this fall but thankfully it was only 3 weeks worth of pictures. Sounds like your holidays were wonderful.

Laci said...

At least we have some pics for you from Jacob Lake (if we ever download them!) I'm still sick to my stomach from hearing all about it....too close to home!! :) Miss talkin'.....know you're busy and can't wait to hear about your trip!

Cheri said...

Oh my gosh!! That makes me ill - I would die without my camera, and having to replace it (and we don't have student loans)! I am so sorry.

thebutlerfam said...

Melis! Now I have a way to keep up with you and your life!(since we live soo far away and all!) Sorry about the camera... Steve gave me the details today...Ebay? Craig's List? I know how savvy you are!
xoxonik

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Red velvet cake is my favorite!

Natalie N said...

What a bummer about the pictures. Mom & Bob were here last weekend, and they were telling us about how they miss you guys lots back home. Hope all is well for you. :)

Kirkhams said...

I'm so sorry I missed dinner the other night with you girls! It looked like lots of fun and it made me feel good that you sent me the picture I could have been in. Darn. I am, however, even more sorry about the camera!! That stinks! If only I could ship you a top of the line camera tomorrow. Keep in touch and thanks for the birthday phone call!

Kirkhams said...

I'm so sorry I missed dinner the other night with you girls! It looked like lots of fun and it made me feel good that you sent me the picture I could have been in. Darn. I am, however, even more sorry about the camera!! That stinks! If only I could ship you a top of the line camera tomorrow. Keep in touch and thanks for the birthday phone call!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

Hey Melissa...

Update your blog you silly goose. Why is Kristina moving? It was fun to see your post...

Natalie

calmrapids said...

If you ever get back on the bog-wagon, look me up!
calmrapids.blogspot